I’ve been travelling for a few months now and have extended it till next year. Am I getting homesick? In all honesty, no! There were times where I thought how will I make it through the months, what if I don’t meet anyone or just want to get on the next flight home.
Eid was difficult, I just wanted to see my niece and nephew and eat proper food. Instead I was in Hong Kong alone but it wasn’t a bad view from the Victoria Peak.
As long as you keep yourself busy you will be fine. There is so much more to look forward to that you’re likely to want to keep going.
Below are a few tips that have helped me;
1. Keep busy whether it is going for a hike or a short walk.
2. Schedule in a Skype message, if you are really missing home then call home and have a little catch up.
3. Focus on where you are and what you are doing next. Plan what activities you are doing and embrace your adventure.
4. Treat yourself, I had a few crepes whilst I was away because that is what I mainly eat with my friends.
5. Write a journal to see how far you have come and re-read it if you feel like you need a little pick me up.