So you’ve booked, now what? Well, you’ll need to prepare for the trip of a lifetime.
- X2 Baselayers
- X2 Thermal socks
- Waterproof trousers (this is mandatory for zodiac landings)
- Thermal trousers
- A pair of jeans
- Hiking boots (although you will use special boots for actual Antarctica)
- Travel detergent (laundry is very expensive on the ship)
- Hand gel
- (Shampoo and shower gel is provided) I am particular about my hair so I had my own.
- If you have a digital camera bring a UV and polarising filter.
- Memory cards
- If you have a GoPro it’s worth using for any slides or underwater activity you want to capture.
- Tripod (you may see the stars when the ship anchors at night)
- A smartphone case
- Power Banks
- A plug charger (have multiple ones if you have a lot of gear)
- Any medication you may use
- Motion sickness tablets
Last but not least an open mind and prepare for a trip of a lifetime.